Couples wedding showers are more popular than ever before. Now, it is no longer a shock to walk into a shower and see the bride and the groom together. If you are interested n throwing a couple’s wedding shower, you need to know the proper way to do it.
Just like any great party, you need a theme for a couple’s wedding shower. You have lots of themes you can choose from. Take your knowledge of the couple and pick a great theme they will love.
If you have a fun loving couple that likes to host parties, choose the Toast the Couple theme. Have everyone bring a beverage or bar accessory, such as shakers or glasses, to put in the couple’s bar.
A honeymoon theme is also a great choice. Everyone can bring something that will help with the honeymoon, such as luggage, cameras and other items.
Tailor the theme to the couple and you will throw a party to remember.
The couples shower needs to have food everyone can enjoy. A cookout is a great way to feed the guests at this type of shower. Both men and women will enjoy the cookout, and best of all, it is simple. Put some hamburgers on the grill and have some sides for people to eat.
Some appetizers will also go over well. Choose wings, potato skins and other food everyone will enjoy. Also, have some vegetables and dip out so people can nibble while they wait.
Activities are also important for the couples’ wedding shower. A version of the Newlywed game is a great way to make sure people are enjoying themselves. Before the shower, the bride and groom should both be asked a set of questions. Then, during the shower, the game should be played.
You can also pass out index cards and have everyone write down their favorite memory of the bride and groom. The memories will be read aloud. You are sure to get some funny memories that will make everyone laugh.
A couples’ wedding shower is becoming increasingly trendy. If you want to stay on top of the latest trends, be sure to throw the perfect shower both the bride and groom will love. Invite a group of friends and make memories at the shower.
Tips for a Couples’ Wedding Shower
- If you have single friends, don’t leave them out. They can bring someone along or come alone, but they should not be left out of the party. Once they are there, be sure they are a part of the festivities, just like the couples.
- If the guys get bored with the gift opening portion of the event, let them go off and do something else. They can watch TV for a bit or go outside. That way, they can still enjoy themselves and the women will not feel rushed during the gift opening process.
- Be sure to prepare yourself not only for guests, but for their dates as well. Each person should be allowed to bring a guest to a couples’ party, whether the guest is a spouse, someone they are dating or a friend.
Latest Party Ideas
- Wonderland Party Ideas for a Magical Mad Hatter Tea Party Celebration
- Candy Land Party – Create a Whimsical Birthday Celebration for your Little One
- Creating a Memorable and Magical Lego Inspired Birthday Party
- Our Top 5 Best Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party Ideas
- Creating Magical Moments with these First Birthday Party Ideas
- Beach Party Ideas for a Memorable Birthday Party for Kids
- Transform Your Home Into Never-land Tinkerbell Party
- Tween Birthday Party Ideas – Throw a Memorable Party for Your Pre-teen
- Sesame Street Birthday Party Ideas Your Child Will Love
- Hollywood Theme Party Ideas – Make Your Venue Red Carpet Ready