40th wedding anniversary party ideas are based on the ruby. This makes 40th wedding anniversary party planning much simpler because ruby is red and red symbolizes love. 40th wedding anniversary party ideas are not only easier to implement because of the variety of supplies available, but they are a lot of fun to create.
Invitations can be homemade, purchased, or downloaded on the Internet for free. If you choose to go the homemade route, make them elegant by keeping it simple. A picture of the couple on their wedding day is always a great cover; however, if this is not possible, download a picture of the nasturtium flower or a ruby to affix to the front. The nasturtium is the official flower for the 40th anniversary.
Write on the front something that states the occasion in a special way. Inside, write all the details of the party on the right side of the card. On the left side of the card, include a short meaningful poem. Include some ruby red confetti to symbolize their ruby anniversary.
You will want to create a romantic, elegant atmosphere. You can achieve this by playing romantic music from when they were married. Make sure the music is soft and low so that people can chat without yelling. Here are some more decorating ideas:
- Ruby Red Balloons – Balloons are elegant, yet fun. Create “bunches” of balloons. Wrap ruby red cellophane around a soda can or some other type of weight. Tie string around the top to hold the cellophane in place. Attach bunches of balloons to the weight. Place these weights in the corners of the party room and at the sides of the couple’s table.
- Flowers – Nasturtiums come in white, yellow, and red. You will want to use the red flowers for your party; however, white can be used to accent the red. Place them in gold or white vases and use as centerpieces for the tables.
- Ruby Red Candles – Candles always create an elegant, romantic atmosphere. Put red votive candles in clear votive glass vases and place them around the flower vases. If you have troubles finding the right color red, use white candles and create red water with red food coloring.
- Framed Pictures – Put pictures of the couple throughout the room in ruby red frames.
- Confetti – Sprinkle ruby red confetti on all of the tables.
- Entrance - String red crepe paper around the entrance. Attach a ruby red bow at the top of the door or create a 40th anniversary banner to put at the top of the door. Place the balloon weights at both sides of the entrance.
The food you serve will depend on your budget. The simplest idea is to hire a caterer to handle this part of the party so you can focus on other areas. However, if catering is not in your budget, then consider having a potluck. However, although it is a potluck, you will need to know that there will be enough of everything to go around for the guests.
Create a potluck team. You can ask someone to lead the team or lead it yourself. The idea is to have someone in charge of making sure there is enough of everything. Try to get as many people to help as possible. Once you have volunteers, create a menu. It can be fun to ask everyone to give ideas; however, you will need to vote on a final menu. Assign specific foods to individuals. Assign the same food to a few people to avoid having one person responsible for making enough of that food for the entire party.
If you can re-create the cake that was at their wedding, this would be a special surprise. If you do not have a good picture of this cake, you can create a special cake designed specifically for their ruby anniversary.
You will not need too many activities, as people tend to like to chat. However, there are some fun things you can incorporate into the party for people who are interested. Here are just a few ideas:
- Karaoke – Have an area and special time slot for karaoke. There will be a lot of people there who just might get the nerve to get up and sing. Even those who are not interested in singing will enjoy watching their friends and/or family for entertainment.
- Toasts – People will enjoy wishing the couple more years of happiness. This is a good time to allow the kids to get up and share. Grandparents love to see their grandkids perform. If one child has a special talent, such as playing the flute or singing, have them sing or play a special song.
- Memory Movie – Before the party, create a movie of friends and family sharing their fondest memory of the couple. Don’t forget to include friends, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, children, grandchildren, etc. Show the movie at the party.
Celebrating 40 years is a milestone that should be recognized. These are just a few 40th wedding anniversary party ideas to help you plan a special ruby anniversary for that special couple.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Party Ideas
- Wonderland Party Ideas for a Magical Mad Hatter Tea Party Celebration
- Candy Land Party – Create a Whimsical Birthday Celebration for your Little One
- Creating a Memorable and Magical Lego Inspired Birthday Party
- Our Top 5 Best Sweet Sixteen Birthday Party Ideas
- Creating Magical Moments with these First Birthday Party Ideas
- Beach Party Ideas for a Memorable Birthday Party for Kids
- Transform Your Home Into Never-land Tinkerbell Party
- Tween Birthday Party Ideas – Throw a Memorable Party for Your Pre-teen
- Sesame Street Birthday Party Ideas Your Child Will Love
- Hollywood Theme Party Ideas – Make Your Venue Red Carpet Ready